||The Finance Ministry|
||The Ministry of Finance’s Savings Bonds FY B.E. 2561 No.1 (Greenshoe No.2)|
||3 years and 7 years – Scripless|
|Total Issued Size:
||5 billion baht|
||3 years – 27 November 2020|
7 years – 27 November 2024
||3 years: Fixed Interest Rate 1.85% p.a.|
7 years: Fixed Interest Rate 2.45% p.a.
- Twice a year on 27 May and 27 November until the bond reaches maturity
- The interest will be calculated from the bond value on a basis of 365 day
year and the actual number of days elapsed.
- Amounts of less than 0.01Bt will not be paid.
- If the interest payment date falls on a Bank of Thailand holiday, the interest will be paid on the next working day without additional interest calculation unless it is the last interest payment.
|Subscription Dates and Subscription Price:
||12 February - 30 March 2018|
The minimum subscription amount is 1,000 baht (1 unit) with no limit on the number of subscriptions per person.
However, the total purchased by each person of Greenshoe No.1 and No.2 of all durations must not exceed 2 million baht per bank.
Note: If a subscription is found to be invalid, the bank will refund the subscriber without calculating interest.
||1,000Bt per unit, with increases in multiples of 1,000Bt|
||Subscriptions are available at Bangkok Bank branches, Bualuang iBanking and Bangkok Bank ATMs from 8:30 am, 12 February 2018, until 3:00 pm, 30 March 2018.|
|Date on Savings Bonds
(Interest Rate Calculation Date):
Subscription at Bangkok Bank branch counter
- Pay by cash or funds transfer: Interest will be calculated from the subscription date. For subscriptions made after 3:00 pm on working days, on weekends, or bank holidays, interest will be calculated from the next working day.
- Pay by cheque: Interest will be calculated from the working day that the cheque clearing process is known to be successful.
Subscription via Bualuang iBanking or Bangkok Bank ATMs
Interest will be calculated from the subscription date. For subscriptions made after 3:00 pm on working days, on weekends, or bank holidays, interest will be calculated from the next working day. For subscriptions made via Bualuang iBanking or Bangkok Bank ATMs, the subscription amount cannot exceed the account balance of the subscriber, and the maximum limit set by the Finance Ministry.
|Registration and Securities Depository:
||Before subscribing for the scripless savings bonds, new subscribers must register for depository of the bonds, and open a securities account at any Bangkok Bank branch. The bank will deposit customers’ bonds in the bank’s securities depository account for customers at Thailand Securities Depository Co., Ltd. The name of the registered subscriber must be identical with the name of the owner of the deposit account set to receive interest and principal.|
Subscription via Bualuang iBanking, subscribers must first register for bond holder numbers at any Bangkok Bank branch and apply for the Bualuang iBanking service, then log on to Bualuang iBanking via Bangkok Bank website to apply for subscription of bonds through Bualuang iBanking by themselves.
Subscription via Bangkok Bank ATMs, subscribers must first register for their bond holder numbers and provide details of their savings account numbers linked to their Bualuang ATM cards or Be1st Smart cards.
Any subscriber applies for a new Be1st Smart card for the purpose of subscription of the scripless bonds, the bank will waive the entrance fee and the first year annual fee.*
- Waiver of the entrance fee and the first annual fee applies only to the first Be1st Smart card that the subscriber obtained in order to subscribe the scripless bonds.
- Subscriber who obtains a Be1st Smart card for the purpose of subscription of the scripless bonds, but does not make any subscriptions via an ATM within one year after applying for a the Be1st Smart card, the bank reserves the right to debit funds at the amount equal to the previously waived entrance fee and the first annual fee from the account linked to the card.
- Be1st Smart Rabbit Siriraj / Be1st Smart TPN Rabbit Siriraj / Be1st Smart Rabbit Chelsea cards do not qualify for the waiver of the entrance fee and the annual fee.
|Method of Allotment:
||Bonds will be allotted on a first-come, first-served basis for subscribers who submit "Subscription Forms" at Bangkok Bank branches or who make subscriptions via Bualuang iBanking or ATMs and complete the subscription payment.|
||Individuals with Thai nationality or residency in Thailand|
- Citizen ID card and a certified true copy of such document
- A certified true copy of the first page of the Bangkok Bank deposit account passbook (except special saving deposit accounts and fixed deposit accounts) which is specified to receive interest and principal earned from the bonds. If a subscriber does not have a Bangkok Bank account, a new account will need to be opened.
Subscription at a Bangkok Bank branch counter
Subscription via Bualuang iBanking
- Pay by cash or funds transfer
- Pay by cheque
- Payable to “Subscription A/C for Gov Bond 3 Years” or “Subscription A/C for Gov Bond 7 Years”
- The cheque must be dated not later than the day of the subscription (Subscriptions made on 30 March 2018 cannot be paid by cheque).
- The cheque must be able to be cleared in the same clearing house area as the branch which collects the payment for the bond subscription.
Funds are debited from the subscriber’s account when the transaction has been completed. Subscribers can view their transaction history to check for evidence of bond subscription payments.Subscription via Bangkok Bank ATMs
Funds are debited from the subscriber’s account when the transaction has been completed. Subscribers will receive their ATM slips as evidences for bond subscription payments.
Subscribers will receive their bond book showing details of their bonds. The bond book operates under the following terms and conditions:
- Bond holders can use the bond book as a reference to make the transaction.
- Details in the bond book include the bond value on the date of registration and/or the market value of Bangkok Bank on the transaction date.
- Details in the bond book are considered correct if they are identical with the details recorded with the bank.
- Details in the bond book include only scripless bonds, subscribed via Bangkok Bank.
- Bond holders can update a bond book at Bangkok Bank branches and Bangkok Bank Passbook Update Machines.
Subscribers who used to subscribe for the scripless bonds issued by the Finance Ministry and have obtained the bond book from Bangkok Bank can use such bond book for the subscription of the Ministry of Finance’s Savings Bonds FY B.E. 2561 No.1 (Greenshoe No.2)
Bond holders must immediately notify Bangkok Bank of any changes.
Subscriptions can be transferred from 27 May 2018 onward, except for the transfer of an inheritance, or the division of assets due to divorce, bankruptcy or liquidation, pledge of bonds as collaterals which can be made 15 working days after the subscription date. Transfers cannot be made during the 30 days prior to the bond’s maturity date.
Rights transfers for scripless bonds can be made to new customers or existing customers who have subscribed at the same distribution bank. Transfers cannot be made between different distribution banks. To make a transfer, bond holders will need to bring their bond books when contacting the distribution bank which keeps their bonds.
Using bonds as collateral
Bond holders can use bonds as collateral for government offices and government organizations, such as using bonds as collateral to apply for court bail, electricity guarantee, or as collateral for financial institutions or other individuals but subject to relevant regulations regarding the collateral prescribed by each agency or individual. In such cases bond holders must contact Bangkok Bank to withdraw bonds from the scripless system.
Fees for transactions after bond subscription
Bond holders can check the fees in The Ministry of Finance’s Savings Bonds FY B.E. 2561 No.1 (Greenshoe No.2) Fact Sheet.
- The Bank of Thailand, as a bond registrar, will transfer interest into the savings or current deposit account of bond holders who have deposited the bonds with Bangkok Bank as specified in the subscription form.
- If the interest payment day falls on a bank holiday, the interest will be paid on the next working day.
- The Bank of Thailand will deduct withholding tax from every interest payment as required by law.