Taking time when applying for the Japan-Thailand funds transfer service ensures the security of your funds.
To get started, only a one-off application and registration for each beneficiary is needed – contact Bangkok Bank’s Tokyo or Osaka branch today!
How to apply – Sending from Japan
- Get an application form: Either download an application form or visit Bangkok Bank’s Tokyo or Osaka branch.
- Complete the form: Fill in the required fields then send it via post. You can also submit it by hand to either Bangkok Bank’s Tokyo or Osaka branch. You will also need a copy of one of the following documents
Obtain a registration card and registration numbers: These will be sent from Bangkok Bank’s Tokyo or Osaka branch to you in the post. The card contains your KYC number and TK number or OS number to be used when transferring funds to Thailand.
- Japanese alien registration card with a valid visa
- Health insurance certificate
- Japanese driver’s license
- Bangkok Bank may request additional documents in some cases. Copies of documents must be clear on both front and reverse sides. The bank may not be able to approve the application if documents are missing or unclear. The senders’ address in Japan must be the same as the one indicated in their identification documents.
- A KYC number is a secret number identifying the sender which cannot be changed.
- A TK number (assigned to Tokyo branch’s customers) or OS number (assigned to Osaka branch customers) identifies the beneficiaries in Thailand. Each beneficiary is assigned only one TK or OS number. You can transfer funds to more than one recipient if you have registered their accounts in advance. You can register as many recipient accounts as you need, without any extra fees.
You can transfer funds from Japan to Thailand easily via internet banking or any Japanese bank ATM offering the ‘Domestic Transfer’ function.
How to transfer funds
- When transferring funds via internet banking or an ATM, the sender must specify the TK/OS and KYC numbers followed by their full name in the “sender” or “remitter” fields. Any discrepancies between the information supplied while transferring the funds may delay the transfer request.
- Senders should verify the TK/OS number before completing the transfer. Inputting a wrong TK or OS number may delay the transfer request.
- If the sender is unable to fill in all the required details in internet banking or at the ATM, please contact Bangkok Bank’s Tokyo or Osaka branch and send the registration number by fax to the branch.
- If the transfer has been processed successfully, funds will be automatically deposited into the beneficiary’s account at any bank in Thailand.
There are a handful of fees you should be aware of before having funds transferred from Japan.
Recipient having account with Bangkok Bank in Thailand
Recipient having account with other bank in Thailand
|Charged by bank in Japan|
|Fee for transferring funds via internet banking or ATM
||Fee rates vary depending upon the bank and time of the transfer. Please check the fee rates of your desired bank in Japan before making a transfer request.|
|Charged by Bangkok Bank|
|Fee for transferring funds from Japan
|Fee for depositing funds into a recipient’s account
- Up to JPY 1 million – no fee
- More than JPY 1 million –0.25% of the funds deposited in THB (200Bt minimum, 500Bt maximum)
|Fee for transferring funds to other banks in Thailand
|0.25% of the fund in THB (200Bt minimum, 500Bt maximum) + 150Bt|
Please take time to read the following terms and conditions before transferring funds from Japan.
- The sender must apply for the service and obtain an approval from either Bangkok Bank’s Tokyo or Osaka branches before using the Registered Foreign Remittance service. The bank will consider and approve the application within approximately one week.
- Funds can be transferred to any bank in Thailand. If up to JPY 1 million is transferred to a recipient’s account at Bangkok Bank for the purpose of living expenses, the recipient will receive the funds in full without any fees at the end of the transaction process.
- Bangkok Bank requires senders to produce documents indicating the source and purpose of the funds transfer in the following instances:
Registered numbers are confidential and assigned exclusively to the sender. The bank retains the right to terminate services provided to the sender if it finds they have provided the numbers for another person to transfer funds in their place.
Bangkok Bank retains the right to change service conditions as deemed appropriate without prior notice.
- When transferring more than JPY 1 million at once
- When transferring more than JPY 2 million within one month
- When the total funds transferred within one year exceeds JPY 3 million if the sender and the recipient are different persons
- The total funds transferred within one year exceed JPY 4 million when the sender is the same person as the recipient Once the bank has obtained all required documents, the funds will be transferred immediately.