A Bangkok Bank savings account is the first step to accessing our products and services. Savings accounts are passbook-based and you can also apply for a Be1st Debit card, which can be used at ATMs and to make purchases.
Your savings account and Be1st Debit card can be used to:
- Access telephone banking services via Bualuang Phone 1333
- Make bill payments via Bualuang ATMs, telephone banking and internet banking
- Arrange direct debit and standing orders
- Make international and domestic funds transfers
A savings account can be opened with a minimum deposit of Baht 500. Interest is calculated daily and will be credited to your account at the end of June and December each year. If your savings account has been inactive for more than one year with a balance of less than Baht 2,000, a maintenance fee of Baht 50 will be deducted from your account each month. When the balance is zero, your account will be automatically closed.
With a minimum deposit of Baht 10,000, you can open a Bangkok Bank current account and be provided with a personalized cheque book.
Current accounts are only available for foreigners who are permanent residents, or who have a work permit.
||Fixed Deposit Account|
Make your money work for you with a Bangkok Bank fixed deposit account. All you need is a minimum deposit of Baht 2,000 to receive competitive rates for terms of three months up to 36 months. You can make cash deposits into your fixed account via a Cash Deposit Machines or make a funds transfer via Bualuang iBanking, Bualuang mBanking, Bualuang ATM and Bualuang Phone. Tax is automatically deducted from interest paid to customers when the term is due.
||Foreign Currency Deposit Account|
With a foreign currency deposit account, you can hold your funds in any of the following 14 currencies: USD, GBP, JPY, SGD, HKD, AUD, EUR, CNY, CAD, CHF, NZD, DKK, NOK and SEK. This kind of account enables you to manage your foreign currency payments and income effectively by minimizing risks from foreign currency fluctuations. A foreign currency deposit account can be a savings, fixed deposit or current account and can be accessed online via Bualuang iBanking service to view account balance and transfer funds into your local Baht account. The initial deposit for opening any of these accounts is USD 1,000 or an equivalent amount in another foreign currency.Non-Resident Baht Account (NRBA)
A Non-Resident Baht account is useful if you are transferring funds to Thailand for investment purposes that may be repatriated in the future. Transactions are recorded in accordance with the Bank of Thailand’s regulations.
Note: This account can only be opened and operated over-the-counter at Bangkok Bank’s Head Office on Silom Road in Bangkok, Thailand. It is not accessible through ATMs or internet banking, and is not recommended for day-to-day banking.
What documents will you need when opening an account?
1. Foreigner with a Work Permit
2. Foreigner with Long-stay or Tourist Visa
- A Letter of Reference issued by: (One of the following)
- Embassy or international organization
- Customer’s home bank to Bangkok Bank via the SWIFT messaging network
- Person acceptable to Bangkok Bank e.g. branch officer, customer, government officer or company executive
- Educational institution located in Thailand and acceptable to the bank
- Company that is acceptable to the bank, confirming the customer is in the process of getting a work permit
In addition, other document that shows the name of the customer can be used as a supported document besides the documents mentioned above i.e. a document showing the ownership of real estate in Thailand such as a unit in a condominium.
3. Foreigner with Permanent Residence in Thailand
- Passport or Certificate of Residence or Alien Certificate
- House Registration
- Original documents with valid expiry date are required.
- Contact addresses for both Thailand and overseas shall be provided (Hotel and P.O. Box addresses are not acceptable).