To Send Money
- Fill in a “To Send Money” form at any Bangkok Bank outlet displaying a Western Union sign.
- Present the completed form, the money you wish to transfer and any applicable transfer fees, as well as your photo ID and supporting documents.
- Pay and keep your receipt and the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) for your reference.
- Provide the receiver with the essential transfer details, including the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), your name, the country the money is being sent from, and the total amount of funds to be transferred.
To Receive Money
- Fill in a “To Receive Money” form at any Bangkok Bank outlet displaying a Western Union sign. Provide the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), the full name of the sender, the country the money was sent from, and the expected amount to be received.
Present the completed form along with an official ID card or passport.
- Collect your money and a receipt.
Apply for this service at any Bangkok Bank branch
- How to submit your documents:
- Complete the application form clearly in English and sign your name both on the application form and terms and conditions.
- Provide your Citizen ID card (for Thais), Alien ID card (for Aliens), or passport (for foreigners), which is valid for at least 60 days.
- Give details of your Bangkok Bank savings account (if you don’t have a Bangkok Bank savings account, you can open an account at any Bangkok Bank branch).
- The bank will process your registration and send a confirmation to you via SMS within seven working days (provincial applications may take longer).
To Receive Money
- Call (66) 0-2680-9588 any day of the week from 8:30a.m. to 8:00p.m.
- Provide your full name, account number, personal information and confirmation that you are the intended recipient by providing details of the 10-digit Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), the full name of the sender, the country the money was sent from, and the expected amount to be received
- The money will be credited to your account within 15 minutes and you will get a free SMS alert confirming this.
- The deposit account to be used for this service can be a Bangkok Bank savings account or current account in Thai baht, but it cannot be the Thai baht account of a non-resident individual. You can register a maximum of five accounts to receive the service.
- You can apply/amend/add new account/cancel the “Bualuang Western Union RING” service at any Bangkok Bank branch - if it is attached to a savings account - ,or at your home branch for a current account.