British Ambassador to Thailand H.E. Mr. Brian Davidson and Executive Director and Bangkok Bank Executive Vice President Dr. Thaweelap Rittapirom signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to provide Bangkok Bank Visa Infinite cardholders access to special service and privilege when applying for a UK visa. Cardholders need only their passports, Bangkok Bank Visa Infinite credit card and to pay an extra fee of 4,000 baht to access the VIP lounge and apply for the visa at the VFS UK Application Center without a reservation or the need to present any documents. The MOU-signing ceremony held recently at the British Embassy Bangkok was also joined by Thai Beverage Public Company Limited Deputy Vice President Office of Corporate Communications M.L. Radeethep Devakula, a representative of the Thai-UK Business Leadership Council (TUBLC).
H.E. Mr. Brian Davidson, British Ambassador to Thailand, commented: I was delighted to be able to sign this ground breaking MOU. It is an exciting new initiative - first of its kind - both for the British Embassy and UKVI. And one which deepens the relationship with one of this Embassy’s closest strategic partners, Bangkok Bank, pointing the way to further stimulating business between the UK and Thailand.
Bangkok Bank Executive Vice President Dr. Thaweelap Rittapirom said the Bank signed the MOU with the British Embassy to Thailand to provide special privileges to Bangkok Bank Visa Infinite cardholders to enable them to conveniently apply for a visa with their passport and Bangkok Bank Visa Infinite credit card without having to provide evidence of their financial status or other documents. In addition, they can access the VFS VIP Lounge*** without either having to make a reservation or fill in online forms in advance.
The special privileges are reserved for Thai nationals holding either a main or supplementary Bangkok Bank Visa Infinite card, including spouses and children under 18 years who submit their visa application on the same day as the cardholder. The privileges apply to applications for multiple-entry (6 months, 3 years, 5 years and 10 years) tourist and business visas at VFS UK’s Bangkok and Chiang Mai offices by paying 4,000 baht extra for this special service to VFS with a Bangkok Bank Visa Infinite credit card.
“It is with great pleasure that Bangkok Bank and the British Embassy Bangkok have joined forces to provide this special convenient service to Bangkok Bank Visa Infinite cardholders. It also emphasizes the Bank’s commitment to continuously providing its customers with special privileges and exclusive experiences,” said Dr. Thaweelap.
Bangkok Bank Visa Infinite is an exclusive credit card for customers holding combined assets, such as deposits and investments, of more than 10 million baht with the Bank. Exclusive privileges from the Bank and its partners include:
- Financial Privileges: Financial and investment advisory services, Bualuang Suite to facilitate customer transactions at Bangkok Bank branches, discounts on service fees and other fees, special interest rates for Bualuang Home Loan.
- Lifestyle Privileges: Global access to airport lounges, limousine service for trips to and from Suvarnabhumi Airport or Don Mueang Airport, fast-track immigration process, privileges at hotels, restaurants, cinemas and leading spas.
- Spending Privileges: Receive 2 reward points for every 25 baht spent for both domestic and overseas spending. The points can be redeemed for mileage from leading airlines.
- Insurance Privileges: Overseas health and medical insurance with coverage of up to 2,000,000 baht, transport accident insurance with coverage of up to USD 1,000,000 and purchase protection plan for products for a maximum of 400,000 baht per year.
- Personal Assistance Service: Roadside assistance and home assistance.
***The Bank’s and British Embassy to Thailand’s conditions apply.