Bangkok Bank and Siriraj have upgraded privileges for their co-branded card, “Bangkok Bank Be1st Smart TPN Rabbit Siriraj”, by offering free accident insurance with medical expense benefits. The contactless “Bangkok Bank Visa Platinum Siriraj Credit Card” offers 0% interest on a three-month installment plan, discounts, points collection, and free health check-ups. The cards have been well received over the past five years with 1.4 million cardholders and total donations of 275 million baht. There will also be a special campaign inviting cardholders to redeem their credit card points for donations to support the research fund.
Bangkok Bank Executive Vice President and Credit Card Division Manager Shoke Na Ranong said the bank and Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University have extended their co-branded card contract to continue this donation project along with offer benefits of financial products that support digital lifestyles, the advancement towards a cashless society and a willingness to share and help others. With the extended collaboration, more benefits of the co-branded card are added to better meet the needs of customers and their spending as follows:
- Bangkok Bank Be1st Smart TPN Rabbit Siriraj Card can be used at ATMs nationwide and globally. The card has a Rabbit function that allows cardholders to top-up and use the card to ride the BTS and BRT. The card can be used to pay for goods at merchants accepting Rabbit with special discounts and privileges offered from participating merchants under the Rabbit network. All transactions are highly secured with an innovative EMV microchip system that makes the card nearly impossible to copy. The card also offers personal accident coverage up to 200,000 baht, insured by Bangkok Insurance Public Company Limited.
- Bangkok Bank Visa Platinum Siriraj Credit Card offers a Be Smart installment plan for medical expense at Siriraj and Siriraj Piyamaharajkarun hospitals (0% for three months, 0.74% for up to 10 months) as well as reserved parking spaces. Every 25 baht in spending using the card will earn one Thank You Rewards point and earn two points when using the card to donate to Siriraj. The points can be redeemed for airline miles. The card offers travel insurance protection up to USD 200,000.
Bangkok Bank Be1st Smart TPN Rabbit Siriraj and Bangkok Bank Visa Platinum Siriraj Credit cardholders can also take part in the donation as Bangkok Bank will donate 0.2% of the value of purchases made using the cards to the Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital. For Bangkok Bank Be1st Smart TPN Rabbit Siriraj, Bangkok Bank will donate 100 baht for every new card issued, and 50 baht per card towards the annual joining fee for subsequent years. For Bangkok Bank Visa Platinum Siriraj Credit Card, cardholders can redeem 1,000 accumulated points for a 100 baht donation, which the bank will match.
In addition, cardholders will get additional benefits from Siriraj Hospital and participating shops such as
- Free Basic Package for a health checkup once a year when cardholders reach card spending of 300,000 baht/year
- 5-40% discounts on medical procedures and herbal products at Siriraj Applied Thai Traditional Medicine, 7th Floor, Piyamaharajkarun Building
- 10% discount for entry tickets to Siriraj Phimukhsthan Museum
“Both types of Bangkok Bank’s co-branded cards understand and respond to new consumer insights, especially the new generation which gives importance to social contributions and doing good deeds in a tangible way. In addition, the Siriraj-Bangkok Bank co-branded cards allow cardholders to be both the giver and the recipient each time they use the cards. This makes them different from any other cards in the market and helps make it an easy choice for customers to choose this card for spending. In the past, the Siriraj-Bangkok Bank co-branded cards received a better response than the target. Since the launch, there have been 1.4 million cardholders who have raised over 275 million baht (Sep. 2015 - Aug. 2020) for the Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University. We believe that our contract extension will help continue our commitment to create benefits for society as a whole. We expect to increase our cardholders in both types to 2 million within the next 5 years,” said Shoke.
Prof. Dr. Prasit Watanapa, Dean of Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, said: “Over the past five years, the faculty has worked with Bangkok Bank to create Siriraj-Bangkok Bank co-branded cards with the intention of enabling cardholders to make merit for Siriraj Hospital. Every baht spent through the card will generate various forms of medical benefits including contributions to the purchase of medical equipment for Navamindrabopitr 84th Anniversary Building – the center of modern medical services for ordinary patients which helps reduce congestion in the outpatient building for a better quality of life and equality in medical treatment for Thai people. The building is almost complete and is expected to commence operations on April 26, 2021, which is the 133rd anniversary of Siriraj Hospital. In addition, it will help disadvantaged patients and provide scholarships to medical students. This is an important highlight of these co-branded cards.”
”We are very pleased to work together to continue the project of giving for the well-being of the elderly that will fully support our aging society. At the moment, the faculty has built the Siriraj Academic Center of Geriatric Medicine in Samut Sakhon Province. This center will be a model of holistic care for the elderly and provide medical services that focus on mid-term care as well as research and training on elderly care. At the same time, it will be a holistic learning center for the elderly for a sustainable high quality life,” said Prof. Dr. Prasit.
In addition, in the face of COVID-19 that has affected people around the world, the Bank has organized a special campaign between November 20, 2020 - March 20, 2021 to invite all types of Bangkok Bank credit cardholders to redeem their reward points to be used as a donation to a research fund with an aim to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 in collaboration with Siriraj Institute of Clinical Research (SICRES). Every 1,000 reward points can be used as a 120 baht donation. On top of that, every 1,000 points from a Bangkok Bank Visa Platinum Siriraj Credit Card can be used as a 200 baht donation. For more information, please contact any Bangkok Bank branch.