Frequently Asked Questions
The payer and the payee can verify the withholding tax information on the Revenue Department’s website after 5 working days from the date the payer makes the payment. In addition, information can be downloaded by logging in to the e-filling system with a Username and Password. (This service will be available after you register with the Revenue Department.)
Payers and payees are no longer required to issue or keep a withholding tax certificate. Withholding tax information will be kept at the Revenue Department’s website for 3 years.
The Benefits of e-Withholding Tax for the Payer
The Benefits of e-Withholding Tax for the Payee
- An easier process as you can submit withholding tax and supporting information when you make transactions.
- No longer need to issue or keep a withholding tax certificate.
- No longer need to submit withholding tax and information to the Revenue Department manually.
- Less paper documents to keep.
- Additional withholding tax can be paid via the Bank’s channels.
- No longer need to keep or request the withholding tax certificate from payers after receiving a payment.
- The e-withholding tax information can be verified and related documents can be downloaded from the Revenue Department’s website.
- The payee will receive more due to withholding tax privileges from the Revenue Department if payers use the e-Withholding Tax service.
No, the payer and the payee can verify the withholding tax information on the Revenue Department’s website via the e-Filing system using their current Username and Password. If the taxpayers and payees have not registered with the e-filing system before, they can apply at the Revenue Department’s website by following the instruction on the website without any charge.