1. The Bank recognizes the importance of ensuring that shareholders are treated fairly and appropriately in accordance with the laws and agreements made with shareholders and will treat them equitably in accordance with good corporate governance guidelines and principles. This includes supporting and providing convenience for shareholders to participate, in person or by proxy, in shareholders’ meeting; and encouraging them to exercise their rights to, for example, suggest meeting agendas and nominate persons to be elected as directors, or submit questions for the Bank to consider prior to the meeting.
2. The Bank will treat all stakeholders in accordance with the principles of honesty and integrity. The Bank will also support the roles of stakeholders which will lead to co-operation between the Bank and stakeholders in creating wealth, financial stability, and the sustainability of business. The Bank has therefore established guidelines for treatment of stakeholders as follows:
(1) The Bank recognizes the importance of valuing human resources and it therefore encourages and supports developing the potential of its human resources with training comprising various courses supportive to learning. The Bank also provides workplaces which are hygienic in line with accepted standards, and maintains statistics about staff absenteeism and sick leave. The Bank recognizes the importance of fair employment conditions and it therefore provides remuneration and benefits for employees in accordance with their performance assessment, overall economic and social environment, and business direction and financial results for both the short and long term.
(2) The Bank adheres to and puts into practice the principles of human rights in line with relevant laws. The Bank will never take an action in violation of human rights, and will prevent any actions which may threaten, intimidate or violate individual rights and freedom.
(3) The Bank recognizes the importance of treating customers fairly and responsibly as it realizes that such practice is essential to its business success. The Bank will treat its customers as its business partners to strive for mutual prosperity.
(4) The Bank adheres to and recognizes the importance of fair competition in business under accepted standards, and abides by the laws pertaining to business competition.
(5) The Bank adheres to and recognizes the importance of equitable, fair, and responsible treatment of counterparties under agreed contractual conditions as it realizes that they have significant roles in supporting its business operations. The Bank has established sound practical guidelines for selecting counterparties and engaging in transactions with them. The Bank also honors contractual obligations with counterparties on the basis of mutual good understanding, co-operation and recognition of market practice as well as other widely accepted standards.
(6) The Bank puts into practice fair treatment to creditors and is responsible to creditors in accordance with the laws and contractual obligations.
(7) The Bank recognizes the importance of complying with standards pertaining to safety, security, and workplace health which are appropriate and suitable to communities, environment and society. In addition, the Bank also promotes environmental protection and economical, good-value, and efficient use of resources in consideration of environmental standards suitable for its business operations. The Bank also supports measures for environmental protection, and takes part in educational campaign or promotes knowledge and understanding of energy conservation and environmental protection for sustainable benefits.
(8) The Bank supports undertaking of activities for community development to empower communities and society.
(9) The Bank respects and abides by the laws on intellectual property or copyright, and will never violate anyone’s intellectual properties and copyrights.
(10) The Bank will contribute to community service with the spirit of friendship and mutual cooperation.
(11) The Bank recognizes the importance of establishing and enforcing practices that will prevent illegal or unethical pursuit of benefits such as the prohibition of insider trading of securities, requirement for directors to report their securities trading to the meeting of the Board of Directors and their interests.
(12) The Bank recognizes the importance of establishing and enforcing practices to oversee and manage potential conflicts of interest in accordance with the rules and regulations as issued by the government.
(13) The Bank has established communication channels and procedures for whistle blowing to allow stakeholders to report indications of illegal actions, inaccuracy in financial reporting, deficiencies in internal control systems, or breaches of the code of conduct and ethics directly through the channels provided by the Bank. These include internal procedures for receiving and handling of complaints from stakeholders and protection of the rights of informers and persons involved to ensure they are treated fairly and protect them from any harassment.