Environmental and Energy Conservation Policy
The Bank establishes guidelines for environmental and energy management in order to promote social value and private benefit, which arises from efficient use of energy and environmental conservation awareness of employees. All executives and employees are expected to get involved in and adhere to the following environmental and energy management guidelines:
- To conduct and develop a proper environmental and energy management system in line with related laws and regulations. GHG emission reduction, waste management, and mitigation of the Bank’s environmental impacts are imbedded in the system.
- To continuously improve the Bank’s energy efficiency and adapt appropriate technology to aid the improvement.
- To set environmental and energy conservation targets and plans, both in short and long term, and communicate to all employees to ensure their understanding and cooperation.
- To set up an environmental and energy conservation team responsible for planning of environmental and energy conservation and overseeing the implementation.
- To control, monitor, and evaluate the Bank’s environmental and energy management and performance, and annually report to senior management and the Corporate Governance Committee. All executives and employees are expected to comply with the Bank’s environmental and energy measures.
- To provide necessary support, including human resource, budget, time, trainings, and employee engagement in providing suggestions on environmental and energy conservation issues.
- To review this policy as well as related plans and targets at least once a year.