You can easily apply for the Western Union service with two options as follows:
Apply online via Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking
If you already have Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking, you can easily apply for the service by yourself every day from 6:00a.m. - 9:00p.m. The Bank will process your application and send a confirmation to you via SMS within 3 business days. How to apply
Apply at any branch nationwide
You can apply for the service at any branch nationwide during business hours. Simply show the following documents for the application:
- Bangkok Bank passbook linked with Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking
- Identification document (valid for at least 60 days)
- Thais: Thai Citizen ID card
- Foreigners: Passport
- Aliens: Alien ID card
The Bank will process your application and send a confirmation to you via SMS within 3 business days (Applications made at provincial branches may take longer than 7 days).
To Send Money
A person aged over 20-year old is able to use the Western Union Express money transfer service via Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking every day from 6.00a.m. - 9.00p.m. View steps to send money
- Fill in a "To Send Money" form at any Bangkok Bank outlet displaying a Western Union sign.
- Present the completed form, the money you wish to transfer and any applicable transfer fees, as well as your photo ID and supporting documents.
- Pay and keep your receipt and the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) for your reference.
- Provide the receiver with the essential transfer details, including the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), your name, the country the money is being sent from, and the total amount of funds to be transferred.