How to apply
If you have already registered for Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking, you can apply for the Western Union in either of the two following ways:
Apply online via Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking (Thai citizens only)
- If you don’t have a savings or a current account with Bangkok Bank, we suggest that you open an e-Savings account via Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking, no minimum deposit is required.
- Click ‘Banking’ menu > Select ‘Western Union’ service
- Fill in your information and review > click ‘Confirm’
- You can access Western Union via Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking immediately.
Apply at any branch nationwide (Thai citizens and foreigners)
- Obtain an application form at any Bangkok Bank branch (except branches in Central and Robinson Department Stores) and fill in the required information together with the following documents:
- Citizen ID card (for Thais), or passport (for foreigners), which is valid for no less than 60 days.
- Bangkok Bank passbook linked with Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking.
• The Bank will process your application and send a confirmation to you via SMS within 7 working days (provincial applications may take longer).
- You will need to sign your name in front of a bank officer on the application form and the terms and conditions governing the Bualuang Western Union Service via Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking, which will be provided to you at the branch.
- The signature you provide must be the same as the one on your Bangkok Bank passbook linked with Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking.
Condition for sending money
A person aged over 20 years old can send money with the Western Union service via Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking every day from 06:00 a.m. - 09:00 p.m.
- Fill in a "To Send Money" form at any Bangkok Bank outlet displaying a Western Union sign (except branches in Central and Robinson Department Store).
- Present the completed form, the money you wish to transfer and any applicable transfer fees, as well as your photo ID and supporting documents.
- Pay and keep your receipt and the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) for your reference.
- Provide the receiver with the essential transfer details, including the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), your name, the country the money is being sent from, and the total amount of funds to be transferred.